Snowshoes & Brews Tour on Mt. Hood
Description: Join REI for a snowshoe adventure to enjoy the crisp air and beauty of the winter landscape. During this tour our guides will delve into the natural and cultural history of this iconic region of Mt. Hood. We will conclude our tour with local brews and appetizers at the Crooked Tree Tavern at Cooper Spur. This outing provides a great way to enjoy the winter landscape and meet new friends. Track fees included. REI will provide snowshoes, poles and gaiters, as well as appetizers and one adult beverage per participant. No previous experience required, although participants should be prepared to hike 2-4 miles at elevation on snowshoes. Age 21+ (Photo ID required).
Skills you'll learn:
- Enjoy the winter landscape on snowshoes
- Social outing with like minded outdoor enthusiasts
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Snowshoes & Brews Tour on Mt. Hood Information
SNOWSHOES & BREWS TOUR ON MT. HOOD
- Class Details
- Gear List
Snowshoes & Brews Tour on Mt. Hood Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Gloves
- Hiking Boots
- Photo I.D.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Hat
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Foam sit pad - Used for insulation when sitting in snow.
- Personal Snowshoes
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.