Four Season Hikes- Winter Adventures
Description: Winter is a great time to get out and experience hiking in a whole new way! You will get an opportunity to hike some great local area trails and learn how to extend your outdoor activities to year round. If weather permits, we will provide snowshoes and explore these trails this exciting winter way! REI Instructors will even provide hot drinks on the trail, so bring your camp mug.
Skills you'll learn:
Learn about local venues that are particularly suited to winter hiking Learn tips and techniques to have a safe, enjoyable winter hike.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Four Season Hikes- Winter Adventures Information
FOUR SEASON HIKES- WINTER ADVENTURES
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|3/22/2014 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $95.00
Spots left: 8
Four Season Hikes- Winter Adventures Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Lunch & Snacks
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Warm Gloves
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Warm Hat
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Personal Camera
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Energy Snacks
Gear provided by REI:
- Backpacking Stove
- Group First Aid Kit
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.