Kayak Tour - Vancouver Lake to Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge
Description: Join REI for a one-way kayak tour from Vancouver Lake to Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge. This paddle is a great option for intermediate paddlers. Situated along Vancouver Lake and the multitude of channels of the Columbia River, this is one of the most rewarding paddles in the area. This kayak tour will feature ample opportunities for spotting wildlife, along with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Columbia River. This is a one-way tour using a van shuttle. Pre-requisite: Learn to Kayak Class or equivalent skills.
Skills you'll learn:
Preparation for a kayak tour Appropriate clothing for paddling Refinement of paddling techique Local natural history
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Tour - Vancouver Lake to Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge Information
KAYAK TOUR - VANCOUVER LAKE TO RIDGEFIELD NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Vancouver Lake to Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Bottle
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Personal Camera
- Energy Snacks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI:
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Group First Aid Kit
- Touring/Recreational Kayak