Kayak Tour - Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge
Description: Join REI for a kayak tour of Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge and surrounding areas. This paddle is a great option for intermediate paddlers. Situated along the multitude of channels of the Columbia River, this is one of the most rewarding paddles in the area. This kayak tour will feature ample opportunities for spotting wildlife, along with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Columbia River. Pre-requisite: Learn to Kayak Class or equivalent skills.
Skills you'll learn:
Preparation for a kayak tour Appropriate clothing for paddling Refinement of paddling techique Local natural history
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Tour - Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge Information
KAYAK TOUR - RIDGEFIELD NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|7/26/2014 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM PDT||
Non Member: $105.00
Please fill in your contact information to be notified if a space becomes available. You may then register and pay for the class. You will not be charged while on the wait list.
Spots left: 0
|9/7/2014 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM PDT||
Non Member: $115.00
Spots left: 10
Kayak Tour - Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Water Bottle
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Personal Camera
- Personal Snacks
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)