Kayak Day Tour - Lake Natoma
Description: Join REI for a kayaking tour of beautiful Lake Natoma. Located between Sacramento and Folsom this urban lake is an oasis for plants and wildlife year round. We will paddle up to 5 miles throughout the lake in search of wildlife and secluded spots while discussing the of the culural and natural history of the area. Pre-requisite: No prior kayaking experience is required but is highly reccomended. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn more about wildlife and natural history
- Share new places to paddle
- Refine your kayaking technique
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Day Tour - Lake Natoma Information
KAYAK DAY TOUR - LAKE NATOMA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Day Tour - Lake Natoma Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Water Bottle
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Dry Bag
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Wetsuit - Thickness depends on your local water temperatures. Generally 3mm-4mm is preferable.