SUP and SIP on the Charles River
Description: Break out of your evening routine and join REI for a night-time SUP and SIP Tour on the Charles River. We will provide all the necessary paddling gear and basic instruction, then head out for a short paddle to enjoy the sunset. Afterward, we will head over to Dunn Gaherin's, in Newton MA (http://www.dunngaherins.com/), for a few drinks and appetizers where REI will treat you to an appetizer and beverage of your choice. This is a great way to get some extra paddling practice and meet new friends. No experience is required, but taking a Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard Class is recommended. Participants must be 21 years old or over. Advance registration is required. Price Includes: instruction, guide, all program equipment, shared group appetizer, and one (1) beverage of your choice.
Skills you'll learn:
- Basic Paddle Strokes and SUP handling Instruction given prior to the tour
- Fun and like minded outdoor enthuiasts looking to enjoy the evening
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
SUP and SIP on the Charles River Information
SUP AND SIP ON THE CHARLES RIVER
- Class Details
- Gear List
SUP and SIP on the Charles River Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
Gear provided by REI:
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Stand Up Paddleboard