Description: Journaling your experience is not just for words to express, Nature Journaling is capturing what you see and experience through art. Explore the backcountry and capture the moment through acrylic, water color or pencil in your journal. Join us on a guided hike with our professional artists as they guide you through the techniques and skills on capturing the moment into your journal. You will spend the day on the trail with magnificent vistas, forests and creeks. Along your hike your guides will discuss the natural and cultural history, the geology and the botany of the area as you move to multiple locations to break out your journals and be guiding through different techniques to capture that view, or plant or animal in the moment.
Skills you'll learn:
- To provide a new way to experience the outdoors through artistic expression of nature journaling
- To provide a natural and cultural history of the area
- To reinforce hiking safety and traveling in the backcountry
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Nature Journaling Information
- Class Details
- Gear List
Nature Journaling Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Lunch & Snacks
- Day Hiking Boots
- Nature Journal / Pencil (or other art medium)
- Sit Pad
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Water Bottle
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.