Advanced Mountaineering Skills - Rescue
Description: This course is the next step in the mountaineering class progression after Snow and Rope Team travel. Now that you can travel safely with an ice axe and crampons, rope team travel, ascending up fixed lines and setting snow anchors it is time to introduce self and partner rescue while on rope. We will cover securing a fall and rigging a fixed line for the faller to climb up as well as rigging a 3:1 & 5:1 mechanical advantage system to haul your partner up and out of a crevasse. This class is appropriate for graduates of our Rope Team class. This class is for participants age 15 years old and up. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
To learn the practical applications of mountaineering self-rescue and rescuing a teammate while on a rope team
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Advanced Mountaineering Skills - Rescue Information
ADVANCED MOUNTAINEERING SKILLS - RESCUE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|12/28/2013 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST||
Non Member: $140.00
Spots left: 6
Advanced Mountaineering Skills - Rescue Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Insulated Mountaineering Boots
- Personal Ice/Mountain Axe and Crampons
- Personal Climbing Harness
- Personal Climbing / Mountaineering Helmet
Gear provided by REI: