Introduction to Boundary Waters Travel
Description: Join REI Boundary Waters experts for this hands-on, on-water canoeing session. We will provide details essential for planning, preparing and setting out on a successful Boundary Waters Canoe trip. We will cover navigation, portaging, canoe travel, packing, camp setup, and managing risks in the Boundary Water Canoe Area Wilderness. We will be canoeing and portaging local streams and lakes to simulate a day in the Boundary Waters and prepare you for your big trip.
Skills you'll learn:
- How to plan and prepare for the Boundary Waters
- How to navigate by canoe & portage
- Successful canoe packing and food preparation
- Canoe traveling techniques and skills
- Proper camp setup
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Boundary Waters Travel Information
INTRODUCTION TO BOUNDARY WATERS TRAVEL
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Boundary Waters Travel Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Water Bottle
- Dry Bag
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Personal Camera