Alpine Scrambles - Conditioning and Preparation for Mountaineering
Description: Preparing to do Mt. Shasta, Rainer, Whitney or any other big mountain on your list? Join us for a conditioning climb of a local peak. Along our route you will learn about proper packing of gear and equipment, route finding, pacing, nutrition, mountain conditions and many other techniques needed to prepare you for your next big climb.
Skills you'll learn:
- Packing of Gear and Equipment
- Route Finding
- What to expect on your climb
- Conditioning and techniques that will help prepare you for your next climb
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Alpine Scrambles - Conditioning and Preparation for Mountaineering Information
ALPINE SCRAMBLES - CONDITIONING AND PREPARATION FOR MOUNTAINEERING
- Class Details
- Gear List
Alpine Scrambles - Conditioning and Preparation for Mountaineering Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Hiking Boots
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Matches or Lighter - A ten essentials item for backcountry travel.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Gloves
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Warm Hat
- Water Bottle
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Lip Balm/Protection
Gear provided by REI: