Exploring Chicago's Most Remote Locations at Palos Forest Preserve
Description: Come join the REI Outdoor School and other like minded hikers on a trip to discover the best kept hiking secrets of the Palos Forest Preserve. We will introduce you to this local natural gem, explore the natural history of the location, teach you a few tips to making hiking more comfortable and help you hike at your own pace. Please bring a day pack large enough to fit lunch, layers, water and personal items.
Skills you'll learn:
- Explore lesser known spectacular hikes in Palos Forest Preserve
- Learn natural history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make your hiking more comfortable and enjoyable
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Exploring Chicago's Most Remote Locations at Palos Forest Preserve Information
EXPLORING CHICAGO'S MOST REMOTE LOCATIONS AT PALOS FOREST PRESERVE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Exploring Chicago's Most Remote Locations at Palos Forest Preserve Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Day Hiking Boots
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Topographical Maps - Local course area maps.
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.