Introduction to Hiking Class
Description: New to hiking? On this outing you'll learn about the gear and clothing that can make your hikes more comfortable and enjoyable. We'll practice some techniques to help you hike more efficiently and cover skills such as route finding and emergency preparedness. An instructor versed in photography, birding or navigation will also lend their personal knowledge to add interest to your hike.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn basic hiking skills such as route finding, emergency preparedness and personal health
- Learn about the equipment that can make your hikes more enjoyable
- Discover hidden trails in your backyard.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Hiking Class Information
INTRODUCTION TO HIKING CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Hiking Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Lunch & Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hiking Boots
- Personal Camera
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Energy Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lip Balm/Protection
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit