Kayak Instructor Certification Workshop (ACA Level 1-2 EKT)
Description: The American Canoe Association Level 2: Essentials of Kayak Touring Instructor Certification Workshop (ICW) sponsored by REI Outdoor Schools. We are confident that the training you receive from this ACA ICW will provide you with the skill and understanding to teach others and better connect individuals with the outdoors. This three-day program is an intensive, fast paced workshop designed to refine your instructional techniques and familiarize you with the processes and curriculum of the American Canoe Association. In the Instructor Certification Workshop you will be assessed in the following areas: Personal Paddling Skills - Teaching Skills - Modeling Skills - Risk Management - Group Management - Technical Knowledge - Coaching and Assessment. Pre-requisites: ACA Annual Membership / First Aid & CPR certification / 18 years of age or older.
Skills you'll learn:
- Increase the knowledge base for all Kayak instructors
- Provide opportunities for instructor candidates to achieve national ACA Level 1 Introduction to Kayaking / Level 2 Essentials of Kayak Touring Instructor Certification
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Kayak Instructor Certification Workshop (ACA Level 1-2 EKT) Information
KAYAK INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION WORKSHOP (ACA LEVEL 1-2 EKT)
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Instructor Certification Workshop (ACA Level 1-2 EKT) Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Paddle Jacket
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Energy Snacks
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Dry Bag
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.