Learn to Cross Country Ski: Classic Technique
Description: Join your experienced REI Outdoor School instructor for a lesson in Cross-Country Skiing: Classic Technique. Get in on the sport that continues to attract aspiring athletes, adventurers and winter recreationists. We will provide a comprehensive course that covers proper technique, stopping, turning and gliding across the snow. After our skill-building session we will take to the trails and apply our knowledge to varying terrain. Discover a great way to get outdoors and enjoy winter's wonderland with friends and family. Ski rental and ski pass included.
Skills you'll learn:
- Instructors will cover basics of choosing and properly fitting boots and skis
- Basics of skiing, including starting, stopping, ascending and descending hills as well as safely falling.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Learn to Cross Country Ski: Classic Technique Information
LEARN TO CROSS COUNTRY SKI: CLASSIC TECHNIQUE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Learn to Cross Country Ski: Classic Technique Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Hat
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
Gear provided by REI:
- Cross Country Skis, Boots & Poles
- Group First Aid Kit