Learn to Ski or Snowboard - Mt Hood Meadows
Description: Have you wanted to learn how to ski or snowboard but didn't know how to get started? This class is for you. Join REI Outdoor School, Mt. Hood Meadows, the Professional Ski Instructors of America, and Sea to Summit Adventures for this great first-time experience. This is a two-part class: a 2-hour in-store session, followed by an all day on-mountain session at Mt. Hood Meadows on a separate day. Price includes: R/T transportation to Mt. Hood Meadows, lift ticket, ski/snowboard rental package, 2-hour lesson on the slopes, and a $10 gift card toward lunch. The all day on-mountain session will start at REI Portland at 7am for the bus ride to Mt. Hood Meadows, returning at 5pm.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn the basics on appropriate equipment and clothing
- Discuss ways to stay warm and comfortable
- Gain an understanding of what to expect when learning to ski or snowboard
- During the on-mountain class, instructors will cover basic techniques for getting started skiing or snowboarding.
Duration: 1.5 days
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Learn to Ski or Snowboard - Mt Hood Meadows Information
LEARN TO SKI OR SNOWBOARD - MT HOOD MEADOWS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Learn to Ski or Snowboard - Mt Hood Meadows Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Ski or Snowboard Socks - Socks designed for warmth and comfort in ski and snowboard boots
- Ski or Snowboard Gloves
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Hat
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Ski Goggles
- Personal Camera
- Personal Snacks