Winter Wildlife Tracking Tour
Description: Join the REI Outdoor School's professional guides and naturalists on a wildlife snowshoe tour. Enjoy the beauty of the winter landscape as we look for animal tracks in the snow. During this course guides will captivate you with information on the local flora and fauna all while we take in the snowy sights of winter at a relaxed pace. Prior snowshoeing experience is recommended (Introduction to Snowshoeing Class or equivalent skills). This is not a skills class and students should be able to snowshoe for 2-3 miles.
Skills you'll learn:
Learn to identify local animal tracks. Learn about animal behavior and ecology of the area. Learn tips and tools to make snowshoeing more comfortable and enjoyable.
Duration: 4.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Winter Wildlife Tracking Tour Information
WINTER WILDLIFE TRACKING TOUR
- Class Details
- Gear List
Winter Wildlife Tracking Tour Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Warm Gloves
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Hat
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI: