Overnight Kayaking - Lake Allatoona
Description: Join us for an overnight paddle designed for beginners or those who want to expand their paddling adventures. During this 2-day, 1-night outing, you'll kayak to a gorgeous destination and learn essential overnight touring skills as well. Learn about overnight touring gear, packing your kayak and essential trip planning tips. Conditions encountered will be open water, mild current, large boat traffic, rocky shoreline, coves and sand beaches.
Skills you'll learn:
- To become familiar with kayaks, equipment, and proper clothing for sea kayaking
- To learn to enter and exit a kayak, including the wet exit, wearing a sprayskirt
- To learn packing and overnight preparation
- To learn kayak navigation and route planning
- To provide participants with an awareness of how to become a safe, responsible kayaker
Duration: 2.0 days
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Overnight Kayaking - Lake Allatoona Information
OVERNIGHT KAYAKING - LAKE ALLATOONA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|7/20/2013 - 7/21/2013 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $295.00
Spots left: 10
Overnight Kayaking - Lake Allatoona Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet.
- Personal Toiletries
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI: