Couples Learn to Kayak Class
Description: Looking for a new outdoor skill to learn with your significant other? Join us for a special lesson in kayaking together! We'll teach you the basic skills for a lifetime of waterborne adventure. You'll learn about different types of boats and equipment, basic paddle strokes, how to exit a capsized boat, and spend quality outdoor time with that special someone. Touring kayaks are available for everyone and we even have some tandem boats if you want to try one out. Every couple will get a picture together to keep.
Skills you'll learn:
- Experience on-the-water instruction in kayaks
- Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection
- Learn basic kayak stroke techniques including forward, sweep, reverse and draw stroke techniques
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Couples Learn to Kayak Class Information
COUPLES LEARN TO KAYAK CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Couples Learn to Kayak Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
Gear provided by REI: