Couples Overnight Backpacking
Description: Want to try a new adventure with your special someone? Join us together for a romantic introduction to backpacking. Learn about what to bring, how to carry it, what and how to cook, how to manage water, navigation and camp skills, and much more in an intensive 2-day course. Couples will share a cozy backpacking tent and we'll teach you to make a romantic candle-lit dinner in the ambiance of nature. The load will be light and the trail easy, designed with beginners in mind.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn how to pack a backpack for fit, balance and accessibility
- Learn techniques of how to properly wear and hike with a backpack for ultimate comfort on the trail
- Learn additional camp skills such as choosing a camp site, camp cooking, water treatment, sanitation, and Leave No Trace principles
- Discover local areas where overnight backpacking is available.
Duration: 2.0 days
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Couples Overnight Backpacking Information
COUPLES OVERNIGHT BACKPACKING
- Class Details
- Gear List
Couples Overnight Backpacking Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Hiking Boots
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Water Bottle
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Lip Balm/Protection
Gear provided by REI: