Learn to Snowshoe
Description: Discover the joy of winter and the freedom of snowshoeing! During this 3-hour field outing, you'll learn snowshoeing techniques, ascending and descending hills, snow hazard awareness, and winter preparedness. Don't have snowshoes? We provide snowshoes, snowshoe poles and professional instruction on proper use of equipment, to make every trip a success.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn appropriate technique to ascend, descend and break trail in snow
- Learn local areas to take your family outside in the winter
- Learn how to use and care for snowshoeing equipment
- Learn basic skills for winter travel and hiking
Duration: 3.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Learn to Snowshoe Information
LEARN TO SNOWSHOE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Learn to Snowshoe Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Hat
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Gloves
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Energy Snacks
- Personal Camera
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI: