Introduction to Cross Country Skiing the Sierra - For Seniors
Senior (Over 55) Only
Description: Learn all you need to know to take part in this increasingly popular sport! Our REI instructors will take you out and show you the basics of starting, stopping, turning and gliding across the snow on cross-country skis. After our skill-building session, we'll go out on the trail to practice our new found skills and discover a great way to get outside and have fun in the winter! Rental boots, skis, poles, and trail pass are included! This course is designed for those 55 +
Skills you'll learn:
Instructors will cover basics of choosing and properly fitting boots and skis, basics of skiing, including starting, stopping, ascending and descending hills as well as safely falling.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Cross Country Skiing the Sierra - For Seniors Information
INTRODUCTION TO CROSS COUNTRY SKIING THE SIERRA - FOR SENIORS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Cross Country Skiing the Sierra - For Seniors Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Hat
- Lunch & Snacks
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Energy Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Cross Country Skis, Boots & Poles
- Group First Aid Kit