Introduction to Snowshoeing for Women
Description: Discover the freedom of snowshoeing! Our professional instructors at the REI Outdoor School will teach you appropriate technique, proper use of equipment all in a woman friendly environment. Learn from us how to make every trip a success! Snowshoes, gaiters, and trekking poles provided.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn appropriate technique to ascend, descend and break trail in snow
- Learn local areas to take your family outside in the winter
- Learn how to use and care for snowshoe equipment
- Learn basic skills for winter travel and hiking
- Learn to identify hazards in the winter
Duration: 6.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Snowshoeing for Women Information
INTRODUCTION TO SNOWSHOEING FOR WOMEN
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Snowshoeing for Women Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Hat
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Gloves
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Energy Snacks
Gear provided by REI: