Fall Colors Road Cycling Tour
Description: Join the REI Outdoor School's professional road bike guides and naturalists on an amazing bike trip to discover the colors of fall as we ride through some of the areas best bike rides. Enjoy the autumn leaves, crisp air, picturesque vistas, and information on the surrounding areas history and nature while we take in the sights of fall at a relaxed pace. Prior road cycling experience is required (Introduction to Road Cycling or equivalent skills). This is not a road cycling skills class and students should be able to ride approximately 5-12 miles over varying terrain.
Skills you'll learn:
Explore new locations to enjoy fall foilage from while riding
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Fall Colors Road Cycling Tour Information
FALL COLORS ROAD CYCLING TOUR
- Class Details
- Gear List
Fall Colors Road Cycling Tour Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Cycling Gloves
- Personal Camera
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Cycling Jacket - Light jacket to help break the wind and water.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Road Bike - Drop bar handlebar bikes with 700cc size wheels.
- Cycling Helmet