Wildlife & Birding Kayak Expedition
Description: Join the REI Outdoor School for an unforgettable kayaking expedition. Discover the incredible abundance of plant and animal life in our scenic waterways with our professional kayak guides and naturalists who will identify the plants, birds, and other wildlife we may encounter during this exciting paddling adventure. Prior kayaking experience is recommended (Learn to Kayak Class or equivalent skills). This is not a kayaking skills class and students should be able to paddle 3-5 miles.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn to identify local birds
- Learn proper use of binoculars
- Learn to identify local plants and animals
- Discover a new paddling location
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Wildlife & Birding Kayak Expedition Information
WILDLIFE & BIRDING KAYAK EXPEDITION
- Class Details
- Gear List
Wildlife & Birding Kayak Expedition Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI: