Wildlife & Birding Expedition
Description: Join the REI Outdoor School for an unforgettable expedition. Discover the incredible abundance of plant and animal life on our scenic trails with our professional guides and naturalists who will identify the plants, birds, and other wildlife we may encounter during this exciting adventure.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn to identify local birds
- Learn proper use of binoculars
- Learn to identify local plants and animals
- Meet other local hikers
- Gain basic hiking skills
- Learn natural history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make hiking more comfortable and enjoyable
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Wildlife & Birding Expedition Information
WILDLIFE & BIRDING EXPEDITION
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|3/30/2014 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT||
Non Member: $50.00
Spots left: 10
|5/4/2014 7:30 - 11:30 AM PDT||
Non Member: $50.00
Spots left: 12
Wildlife & Birding Expedition Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Hiking Boots
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Personal Camera
- Energy Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Topographical Maps - Local course area maps.
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Group First Aid Kit