Sand Rock, Alabama Climbing Weekend
Description: Join us for a weekend of rock climbing at Sand Rock in Alabama. We'll be offering a wide range of classes, giving you a chance to hone in on specific skills you're interested in learning. All ability levels will be served, from first time rock climbers to those looking to refine technique and spend more time on the rock. Multiple classes are available, and each climber will participate in 3-4 classes spread over the 2 program. An REI instructor will work with you before the trip to determine which classes best fit your goals for the weekend. Small class sizes mean more personalized instruction and more time on the rock! First-come, first-served campsites are available on Saturday night. Students are responsible for all personal camping gear and meals.
Skills you'll learn:
- A personalized schedule will be created for you, choosing from
- Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing
- Movement & Technique, both general and women's specific
- Anchor Concepts
- Climbing Rescues (full day)
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Sand Rock, Alabama Climbing Weekend Information
SAND ROCK, ALABAMA CLIMBING WEEKEND
- Class Details
- Gear List
Sand Rock, Alabama Climbing Weekend Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Climbing Helmet
- Dynamic Climbing Rope - At least a 60m rope.
- Climbing Shoes
- Climbing Harness
- Belay Device