Mountain Bike Ride - Unicoi State Park
Description: New to mountain biking or to the area? Are you tired of the same old trail systems? Join an outdoor school instructor for a ride through one of our favorite mountain bike trails. Helen was once the fat-tire capital of Georgia with professional bikers coming from all over the country to race in the 1990s. You can still ride some of those trails today in Unicoi State Park. The trail we'll ride is an 8-mile intermediate loop through a diverse Appalachian Forest. There are some tough climbs and rocky descents but we'll stop enough to take in the beautiful nature. It's a perfect loop to practice your technical skills with flowy sections in between. We may do one lap or we may do two, depending on the group's abilities and goals. We provide high quality mountain bikes and transportation from our REI Buford store.
Skills you'll learn:
- Explore a new mountain biking trail
- Gain experience on a variety of trail types
- Learn about riding in a group in an off-road setting
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Mountain Bike Ride - Unicoi State Park Information
MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDE - UNICOI STATE PARK
- Class Details
- Gear List
Mountain Bike Ride - Unicoi State Park Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Personal Camera
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Energy Snacks
- Mountain Bike Shoes
- Cycling Gloves
Gear provided by REI:
- Mountain Bike
- Cycling Helmet
- Group First Aid Kit