Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing for Women
Description: Experience the thrill of Rock Climbing in a friendly women's only environment with our enthusiastic, knowledgeable instructors! We'll focus on building solid fundamental skills, such as belaying, crack-climbing technique and face-climbing technique. If you've only climbed inside or you're looking to explore rock climbing for the first time, this is your opportunity to practice with professional rock climbing instructors. We provide harnesses, helmets and all the necessary gear for you to try out this fun and challenging sport! Those under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
- To introduce basic safety concepts and the role of the individual climber within the climbing system
- How to climb for personal enjoyment and as a potential lifelong pursuit
- Provide participants with an awareness of how to become a safe and responsible climber
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing for Women Information
INTRODUCTION TO OUTDOOR ROCK CLIMBING FOR WOMEN
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|4/25/2014 1:00 - 6:00 PM PDT||
Non Member: $110.00
Spots left: 5
Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing for Women Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Energy Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Climbing Shoes
- Climbing Harness
- Dynamic Climbing Rope - At least a 60m rope.
- Climbing Helmet
- Belay Device