New Years in The Sierra: Snowshoe Spectacular
Description: Join REI for a unique New Years experience in the Sierra. On this special night hike to the Donner Summit area, we will don our headlamps and make our way up to a spectacular vista with views of Sierra peaks where we will settle in and enjoy a delicious meal and hot beverage before the countdown to the New Year begins. From our vantage point we will be able to see the world below celebrate while still enjoying the solitude of the Sierra Nevada wilderness. After the countdown is over, we will slowly make our way back to the trailhead while listening to the sounds of snow crunch beneath our feet and learn about noct urnal residents of the area and the constellations overhead. Transportation from Roseville, CA and meal are included. Participants can also meet at the trailhead.
Skills you'll learn:
- Enjoying the Sierra and fireworks
- Experience winter in the evening
Duration: 5.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
New Years in The Sierra: Snowshoe Spectacular Information
NEW YEARS IN THE SIERRA: SNOWSHOE SPECTACULAR
- Class Details
- Gear List
New Years in The Sierra: Snowshoe Spectacular Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Warm Hat
- Warm Gloves
- Personal Snowshoes
- Personal Camera
- Foam sit pad - Used for insulation when sitting in snow.
Gear provided by REI: