New Years in The Sierra: Snowshoe Spectacular
Description: Join REI for a unique New Years experience in the Sierra. On this special night event, we will don our headlamps and make our way up to a spectacular vista with views of Sierra peaks where we will settle in and enjoy a delicious meal and hot beverage before the countdown to the New Year begins. From our vantage point we will be able to see the world below celebrate while still enjoying the solitude of the Sierra Nevada wilderness. After the countdown is over, we will slowly make our way back to the trailhead while listening to the sounds of snow crunch beneath our feet and learn about nocturnal residents of the area and the constellations overhead. Transportation from Roseville, CA and meal are included. Participants can also meet at the trailhead. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating Parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
- Enjoying the Sierra
- Ringing in the New Year in an utterly unique way
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
New Years in The Sierra: Snowshoe Spectacular Information
NEW YEARS IN THE SIERRA: SNOWSHOE SPECTACULAR
- Class Details
- Gear List
New Years in The Sierra: Snowshoe Spectacular Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Energy Snacks
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Warm Hat
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Foam sit pad - Used for insulation when sitting in snow.
- Personal Snowshoes
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.