Fall Colors Hike for Seniors
Senior (Over 55) Only
Description: Come join the REI Outdoor School on a trip to discover the yellow, red, orange, and gold colors of fall as you traverse some of the areas best trails. Enjoy the autumn leaves, crisp air, picturesque vistas, and information on the surrounding areas history and nature at a relaxed pace. Plus we'll share a few tips to help you stay comfortable on your own hikes. This course is designed for those age 55+.
Skills you'll learn:
- Meet other local hikers
- Gain basic hiking skills
- Learn natural history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make your hiking more comfortable and enjoyable
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Fall Colors Hike for Seniors Information
FALL COLORS HIKE FOR SENIORS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Fall Colors Hike for Seniors Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Day Hiking Boots
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Personal Camera
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Insect Repellant
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.