Introduction to Mountain Biking Class for Women
Description: Experience the thrill of mountain biking in a friendly womens only environment with our enthusiastic, knowledgeable instructors! We'll start by addressing proper bike fit and making any necessary adjustments to your bike. Next we'll demonstrate riding techniques, including body and pedal position, shifting, braking, climbing, descending, and navigating minor obstacles on the trail. We'll also go over important communication skills and mountain biking trail etiquette with the aim of keeping multi-use trails open and safe for everyone. And finally, we'll practice all these new skills on a great trail ride! Don't have a bike? We'll provide Novara mountain bikes at no additional charge. Recommended for those 14 and older; those under 18 must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult. No rider will be left behind!
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn how to mount and dismount a mountain bike both in stationary and moving environments
- Learn the proper techniques of shifting, braking, hill climbing/descending, and clearing minor obstacles
- Find local areas where you can begin to build your skills as a mountain biker.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Mountain Biking Class for Women Information
INTRODUCTION TO MOUNTAIN BIKING CLASS FOR WOMEN
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|3/15/2014 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $85.00
Please fill in your contact information to be notified if a space becomes available. You may then register and pay for the class. You will not be charged while on the wait list.
Spots left: 0
Introduction to Mountain Biking Class for Women Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Water Bottle
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Mountain Bike Shoes
- Lunch & Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Cycling Gloves
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
Gear provided by REI:
- Mountain Bike
- Cycling Helmet
- Group First Aid Kit