Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) for Women
Description: Come learn everything you need to know to get started in the exciting sport of Stand Up Paddleboarding in a relaxed womens only environment. "SUP" offers a great total body workout and is the perfect activity for lakes, rivers and the ocean. In this class you'll learn the proper stance for balance and control, essential paddle strokes and turning techniques, as well as how to choose the right board and paddle. Courses will be held on protected calm water, and no experience is necessary. Come with us to learn this hybrid of surfing and paddling and find out how to walk on water!
Skills you'll learn:
- To become familiar with SUP, equipment, and proper clothing to safely and comfortably pursue SUP
- To learn effective paddling skills, balance, positioning, movement and falling/recovery techniques
- Introduce the rewarding aspects of SUP by highlighting the benefits, some places to paddle and the various activities that take you onto the water, with an emphasis on respect for the marine/aquatic environment.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) for Women Information
LEARN TO STAND UP PADDLEBOARD (SUP) FOR WOMEN
- Class Details
- Gear List
Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) for Women Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Water Bottle
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Wetsuit - Thickness depends on your local water temperatures. Generally 3mm-4mm is preferable.
- Paddle Jacket
- Energy Snacks
Gear provided by REI:
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Stand Up Paddleboard
- Group First Aid Kit