Long Beach Waterfront Cycling Tour
Description: Explore the bike paths and quiet streets of the Long Beach waterfront between the Queen Mary and Belmont Shore. Our easy paced tour begins and ends near the Queen Mary, passes the Aquarium of the Pacific and the restaurants and shops of The Pike before following the Shoreline and Long Beach bike paths to Belmont Shore. We'll enjoy a break in a quiet park overlooking the water, then return to the Shoreline Village. We will ride 15-20 miles at a comfortable pace and have several rest spots along the way; no one is left behind. This is a great introduction to group riding and is a good next step after taking our Intro to Road Cycling class. Bikes provided & helmets provided.
Skills you'll learn:
- knowledge of local paths
- some pointers on technique if desired by participants
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Long Beach Waterfront Cycling Tour Information
LONG BEACH WATERFRONT CYCLING TOUR
- Class Details
- Gear List
Long Beach Waterfront Cycling Tour Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Energy Snacks
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Road Bike Shoes
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Cycling Gloves
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI:
- Road Bike - Drop bar handlebar bikes with 700cc size wheels.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Bike pump - A portable bike pump that is attached to the bike.
- Cycling Helmet