Kayak Tour - Stone Mountain Park
Description: Come and paddle with us on the beautiful lake surrounding Stone Mountain Park! You'll gain a unique perspective of the mountain as it reflects in the lake all around your touring kayak. Our kayak instructors are there to make sure you get the most out of your paddling experience. Pre-requisite: Learn to Kayak Class or equivalent skills. Students must be physically able to paddle 6 miles. Touring kayaks will be available for participants at no additional charge.
Skills you'll learn:
- Have a fun kayak experience in a beautiful place
- Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection
- Learn basic kayak stroke techniques
- Test out a touring kayak
- Learn the basics of managing yourself on a guided kayak tour
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Kayak Tour - Stone Mountain Park Information
KAYAK TOUR - STONE MOUNTAIN PARK
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|5/3/2014 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM EDT||
Non Member: $80.00
Spots left: 5
|6/15/2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $80.00
Spots left: 6
Kayak Tour - Stone Mountain Park Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Energy Snacks
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Dry Bag
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)