Kayak Tour - Fort Yargo State Park
Description: Come and paddle with us on the beautiful Lake Marbury in Fort Yargo State Park! On this scenic tour you will experience wetlands, water fowl and the lake's uniquely varied shoreline, all from the deck of a touring kayak. Our ACA-trained kayak instructors are there to make sure you get the most out of your paddling experience. Pre-requisite: Learn to Kayak Class or equivalent skills. Students must be physically able to paddle 5 miles. Touring kayaks will be available for participants at no additional charge.
Skills you'll learn:
Have a fun kayak experience in a beautiful place. Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection. Learn basic kayak stroke techniques. Test out a touring kayak Learn the basics of managing yourself on a guided kayak tour.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Kayak Tour - Fort Yargo State Park Information
KAYAK TOUR - FORT YARGO STATE PARK
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Fort Yargo State Park Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Bottle
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Personal Camera
- Personal Snacks
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)