Overnight Sea Kayaking - Tomales Bay
Description: Join REI for an exciting two-day introduction to kayak camping on Tomales Bay. Situated along Point Reyes National Seashore, 12-mile- long Tomales Bay is one of the largest protected bays on the West Coast. Home to a huge variety of marine and bird life, it is a terrific location to experience kayak camping on the beach. This class is ideal for those looking to try multi-day kayak touring, or anyone looking for a new camping adventure-with the added benefit of the boat carrying the weight of your gear! We'll teach you about packing and loading camping gear into kayaks, and how to set up an eco-conscious camp in a marine environment. Kayaking and camping gear and all meals are provided. Pre-requisite: previous kayaking experience necessary (Introduction to Coastal Kayaking or equivalent skills).
Skills you'll learn:
- Paddle and explore beautiful Tomales Bay and the beaches of Point Reyes National Seashore
- Learn to pack camping gear into drybags and load gear into kayaks
- Learn to set up an eco-conscious camp in a marine environment
Duration: 16.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Overnight Sea Kayaking - Tomales Bay Information
OVERNIGHT SEA KAYAKING - TOMALES BAY
- Class Details
- Gear List
Overnight Sea Kayaking - Tomales Bay Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Energy Snacks
- Personal Snacks
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI: