Wilderness Survival: Winter Skills
Description: Join REI Outdoor School for a wilderness survivalclass focusing on Winter Skills that could save your life. During this class you will learn practical tips and strategies that every outdoor traveler should know, including: winter emergency priorities; how to make an emergency shelter; and how to make your own emergency kit with all the essentials. You will also participate in interactive scenarios to practice and hone your skills. This class is designed for anyone who spends time outdoors during the winter.
Skills you'll learn:
- As a result of this class, participants will gain knowledge regarding
- Winter Emergency Kits/Essentials
- Winter Emergency Priorities
- Winter Emergency Shelters
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Wilderness Survival: Winter Skills Information
WILDERNESS SURVIVAL: WINTER SKILLS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Wilderness Survival: Winter Skills Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Backpack - Internal frame 45-65 liter pack.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit