Wilderness Survival: 3-Season Skills
Description: Join REI Outdoor School for a wilderness survival class focusing on 3-season skills that could save your life. During this class you will learn practical tips and strategies that every outdoor traveler should know, including: emergency priorities; how to make an emergency shelter; how to locate and access drinking water; and how to make your own emergency kit with all the essentials. You will also participate in interactive scenarios to practice and hone your skills. This class is designed for anyone who spends time outdoors.
Skills you'll learn:
- As a result of this class, participants will gain knowledge regarding
- Emergency Kits/Essentials
- Emergency Priorities
- Emergency Shelters
- Water location and procurement.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Wilderness Survival: 3-Season Skills Information
WILDERNESS SURVIVAL: 3-SEASON SKILLS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|5/4/2014 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM CDT||
Non Member: $85.00
Spots left: 4
Wilderness Survival: 3-Season Skills Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lunch & Snacks
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit