SUP Instructor Certification Workshop - ACA Level 2
Description: The American Canoe Association Level 2: Essentials of SUP Instructor Certification Workshop (ICW) sponsored by REI Outdoor Schools. We are confident that the training you receive from this ACA ICW will provide you with the skill and understanding to teach others and better connect individuals with the outdoors. This three-day program is an intensive, fast paced workshop designed to refine your instructional techniques and familiarize you with the processes and curriculum of the American Canoe Association. In the Instructor Certification Workshop (ICW) you will be assessed in the following areas: Personal Paddling Skills - Teaching Skills - Modeling Skills - Risk Management - Group Management - Technical Knowledge - Coaching and Assessment Pre-requisites: ACA Annual Membership / First Aid & CPR certification / 18 years of age or older.
Skills you'll learn:
- Increase the knowledge base for all SUP instructors
- Provide opportunities for instructor candidates to achieve national ACA SUP Instructor Certification
- Inform SUP instructors about the new SUP curriculum designed by the American Canoe Association
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
SUP Instructor Certification Workshop - ACA Level 2 Information
SUP INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION WORKSHOP - ACA LEVEL 2
- Class Details
- Gear List
SUP Instructor Certification Workshop - ACA Level 2 Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Lunch & Snacks
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Stand Up Paddleboard
- Wetsuit - Thickness depends on your local water temperatures. Generally 3mm-4mm is preferable.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Paddle Jacket
Gear provided by REI: