Exploring the Sierra for Seniors: Flora, Fauna & Geology
Senior (Over 55) Only
Description: Come join the REI Outdoor School and other like minded hikers on a trip to discover the best kept hiking secrets of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We'll introduce you to local natural gems, explore the natural history of the location, teach you a few tips to making hiking more comfortable and help you hike at your own pace. See location details for which hike we'll be doing. Please bring a day pack large enough to fit lunch, layers, water and personal items. This class is for Active Adults (55+).
Skills you'll learn:
- Explore lesser known majestic hikes in the Sierra with REI professional instructors
- Learn natural history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make your hiking more comfortable and enjoyable
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Exploring the Sierra for Seniors: Flora, Fauna & Geology Information
EXPLORING THE SIERRA FOR SENIORS: FLORA, FAUNA & GEOLOGY
- Class Details
- Gear List
Exploring the Sierra for Seniors: Flora, Fauna & Geology Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Hiking Boots
- Water Bottle
Gear provided by REI: