Scenic Sierra Hike for Seniors
Senior (Over 55) Only
Description: Come join the REI Outdoor School and other like minded hikers on a trip to discover the best kept hiking secrets of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We'll introduce you to local natural gems, explore the natural history of the location, teach you a few tips to making hiking more comfortable and help you hike at your own pace. See location details for which hike we'll be doing. Please bring a day pack large enough to fit lunch, layers, water and personal items. This class is for Active Adults (55+).
Skills you'll learn:
- Explore lesser known majestic hikes in the Sierra with REI professional instructors
- Learn natural history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make your hiking more comfortable and enjoyable
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Scenic Sierra Hike for Seniors Information
SCENIC SIERRA HIKE FOR SENIORS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Scenic Sierra Hike for Seniors Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Hiking Boots
- Lunch & Snacks
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Energy Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Water Bottle
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Topographical Maps - Local course area maps.
- Group First Aid Kit