Introduction to Mountain Biking for Seniors
Senior (Over 55) Only
Description: Experience the thrill of mountain biking with our enthusiastic, knowledgeable instructors! We'll start by addressing proper bike fit and making any necessary adjustments to your bike. Next we'll demonstrate riding techniques, including body and pedal position, shifting, braking, climbing, descending, and navigating minor obstacles on the trail. We'll also go over important communication skills and mountain biking trail etiquette with the aim of keeping multi-use trails open and safe for everyone. And finally, we'll practice all these new skills on a great trail ride! Don't have a bike? We'll provide Novara mountain bikes at no additional charge. This class is for Active Adults (55+)
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn how to mount and dismount a mountain bike both in stationary and moving environments
- Learn the proper techniques of shifting, braking, hill climbing/descending, and clearing minor obstacles
- Trail etiquette (Leave No Trace) and safety emphasized
- Find local areas where you can begin to build your skills as a mountain biker
Duration: 6.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Mountain Biking for Seniors Information
INTRODUCTION TO MOUNTAIN BIKING FOR SENIORS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Mountain Biking for Seniors Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Lunch & Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Water Bottle
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Energy Snacks