Hiking New England's Historic Places
Description: Join the REI Outdoor School and other like- minded hikers on a trip to discover the rich history of New England. We'll introduce you to local natural gems, explore the human history of the region, teach you a few tips to making hiking more comfortable and help you hike at your own pace. See location details for which hike we'll be doing. Please bring a day pack large enough to fit snacks, layers, water and personal items.
Skills you'll learn:
- Explore local historical hikes in the New England with REI professional instructors
- Learn natural and human history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make your hiking more comfortable and enjoyable
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Hiking New England's Historic Places Information
HIKING NEW ENGLAND'S HISTORIC PLACES
- Class Details
- Gear List
Hiking New England's Historic Places Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hiking Boots
- Lunch & Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Personal Camera
- Energy Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Topographical Maps - Local course area maps.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.