Kayak Tour - Boston Harbor at World's End
Description: Join REI for a kayaking tour of Boston Harbor! This paddle is popular for beginning and intermediate paddlers. Situated along the South Shore of Boston World's End, it is one of the most pristine paddles in the area. On this paddling trip, you'll enjoy the flora and fauna, while at the same time seeing majestic views of downtown Boston. After an orientation and safety briefing, we will explore the shoreline. Depending on conditions, we'll paddle between 5 and 9 miles round trip. Pre-requisite: Learn to Kayak Class or equivalent skills.
Skills you'll learn:
- How to prepare for a kayak tour
- Appropriate clothing for paddling
- Refinement of paddling techique
- Local natural history
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Kayak Tour - Boston Harbor at World's End Information
KAYAK TOUR - BOSTON HARBOR AT WORLD'S END
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Boston Harbor at World's End Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Wetsuit - Thickness depends on your local water temperatures. Generally 3mm-4mm is preferable.
Gear provided by REI:
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Touring/Recreational Kayak