Hiking Camp Muir
Description: At 10,000 feet, Camp Muir is the most popular base camp for climbers making a bid for the summit of Mt Rainier. On this hike, you'll get a taste of the alpine climbing experience, take in extravagant views and get up close and personal with Washington's highest peak. Whether you're training to climb Rainier, looking for a new challenge, or are intrigued by a visit to this iconic destination, this hike is sure to get your heart pumping!
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn effcient ways to travel on snow
- Learn natural history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make your hiking more comfortable and enjoyable
- Learn basic navigation and route finding
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Hiking Camp Muir Information
HIKING CAMP MUIR
- Class Details
- Gear List
Hiking Camp Muir Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Water Bottle
- Lunch & Snacks
- Personal Backpack & Equipment - The backpack and equipment you use.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI: