Learn to Kayak Class for Seniors
Senior (Over 55) Only
Description: This class will introduce students to the basics of paddling a kayak in a mild setting and at a relaxed pace. Students will learn about kayaks, paddles, gear and clothing before learning to launch and being introduced to the basic paddle strokes. This class is a great way for those considering kayaking to try it out. This class is for adults (55+)
Skills you'll learn:
- Experience on-the-water instruction in kayaks
- Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection
- Learn basic kayak stroke techniques including forward, sweep, reverse and draw stroke techniques
Duration: 3.5 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Learn to Kayak Class for Seniors Information
LEARN TO KAYAK CLASS FOR SENIORS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Learn to Kayak Class for Seniors Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Lunch & Snacks
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
Gear provided by REI: