Hiking Chicagoland's Best Places
Description: Join a REI Outdoor School Instructor for a guided hike to one of Chicago's natural gems. We'll teach you about the ten essentials of backcountry travel and introduce you to the sevenLeave no Trace principles. In addition, we'll share a few tips to making hiking more comfortable and help you hike at your own pace. See location details for more info on the specific destination for this outing.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn about local hiking venues
- Learn about the 10 essentials
- Learn the 7 Leave no Trace principles
- Learn tips for making hiking more comfortable
- Learn a bit of natural and cultural history
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Hiking Chicagoland's Best Places Information
HIKING CHICAGOLAND'S BEST PLACES
- Class Details
- Gear List
Hiking Chicagoland's Best Places Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Day Hiking Boots
- Energy Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Personal Camera
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit