Hiking Portland's Best Places
Description: Join a REI Outdoor School Instructor for a guided hike to one of Portland's natural gems. We'll teach you about the 10 essentials of backcountry travel and introduce you to the 7 Leave no Trace principles. In addition, we'll share a few tips to making hiking more comfortable and help you hike at your own pace. See location details for more info on the specific destination for this outing.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn about local hiking venues
- Learn about the 10 essentials
- Learn the 7 Leave no Trace principles
- Learn tips for making hiking more comfortable
- Learn a bit of natural and cultural history
Duration: 2.5 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Hiking Portland's Best Places Information
HIKING PORTLAND'S BEST PLACES
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|6/29/2013 9:00 - 11:00 AM PDT||
Non Member: $40.00
Please fill in your contact information to be notified if a space becomes available. You may then register and pay for the class. You will not be charged while on the wait list.
Spots left: 0
|7/20/2013 9:00 - 11:30 AM PDT||
Non Member: $40.00
Spots left: 7
Hiking Portland's Best Places Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Hiking Boots
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
Gear provided by REI: