Introduction to Road Cycling for Women
Description: Experience the rush of road biking with our enthusiastic, knowledgeable instructors! In this women-specific class designed for beginners and folks getting back into cycling, we'll start by addressing proper bike fit and making any necessary adjustments to your bike. Next we'll demonstrate riding techniques, including proper body position, shifting, braking, efficient hill climbing and safe descending. We'll also go over important communication skills and how to read the road for safety. Then it's off for a great ride to practice what we've learned! What makes this class "for women"? We model it after our regular Introduction to Road Cycling class combined with instruction and information specific to women. Please bring your helmet and proper riding apparel. Don't have a bike? We'll provide Novara road bikes at no additional charge. Recommended for those 14 and older; those under 18 must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult. No rider will be left behind!
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn how to balance and maneuver a road bike
- Learn the proper technique for shifting, braking, and hill descending and climbing
- Learn road riding etiquette and how to avoid hazards in the road.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Road Cycling for Women Information
INTRODUCTION TO ROAD CYCLING FOR WOMEN
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|5/17/2014 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM PDT||
Non Member: $85.00
Spots left: 9
Introduction to Road Cycling for Women Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Water Bottle
- Lunch & Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Cycling Gloves
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Energy Snacks
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Bike Helmet
- Group First Aid Kit
- Bike tire patch kit - Used to repair a flat tire when the leak is small.
- Bike Tools - Items necessary for making quick adjustments and repairs in the field.