Introduction to Road Cycling for Women
Description: Experience the rush of road biking with our enthusiastic, knowledgeable instructors! In this women-specific class designed for beginners and folks getting back into cycling, we'll start by addressing proper bike fit and making any necessary adjustments to your bike. Next we'll demonstrate riding techniques, including proper body position, shifting, braking, efficient hill climbing and safe descending. We'll also go over important communication skills and how to read the road for safety. Then it's off for a great ride to practice what we've learned! What makes this class "for women"? We model it after our regular Introduction to Road Cycling class combined with instruction and information specific to women. Please bring your helmet and proper riding apparel. Don't have a bike? We'll provide Novara road bikes at no additional charge. Recommended for those 14 and older; those under 18 must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult. No rider will be left behind!
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn how to balance and maneuver a road bike
- Learn the proper technique for shifting, braking, and hill descending and climbing
- Learn road riding etiquette and how to avoid hazards in the road.
Duration: 6.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Road Cycling for Women Information
INTRODUCTION TO ROAD CYCLING FOR WOMEN
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Road Cycling for Women Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Water Bottle
- Lunch & Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Energy Snacks
- Cycling Gloves
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Personal Bike Helmet
Gear provided by REI: