Rock Climbing Technique & Movement Class
Description: Do you know the basics of rock climbing but want to learn to move more efficiently and gracefully on the rock? Join our professional climbing instructors for a day of learning to improve your footwork, hand placement, and body positioning to advance your climbing skills! REI Outdoor School will provide all gear. Prerequisite: Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing or equivalent experience.
Skills you'll learn:
- To reinforce the basic safety concepts of the climber within the climbing system with a focus on route planning and site awareness
- To review and develop basic climbing foot, hand, and body positioning
- To practice personal climbing movement
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Rock Climbing Technique & Movement Class Information
ROCK CLIMBING TECHNIQUE & MOVEMENT CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Rock Climbing Technique & Movement Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Dynamic Climbing Rope - At least a 60m rope.
- Climbing Shoes
- Climbing Harness
- Climbing Helmet
- Belay Device