Pinnacles Climbing Weekend
Description: Join us for a weekend of rock climbing in Pinnacles National Monument. We'll be offering a wide range of classes, giving you a chance to hone in on specific skills you're interested in learning. All ability levels will be served, from first time rock climbers to those looking to break into leading, or interested in learning how to place gear. Multiple courses are available, and each climber will participate in four courses spread over 2 days. An REI instructor will work with you before the trip to determine which courses will best fit your goals for the weekend. Small class sizes mean more personalized instruction and more time on the rock! Campsites have been reserved for participants Saturday night. Students are responsible for all personal camping gear and meals.
Skills you'll learn:
- A personalized schedule will be created for you, choosing from: Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing
- Movement & Technique, both general and women's specific
- Anchor Concepts
- Artificial Anchors
- Introduction to Lead Climbing
- Climbing Rescues (full day)
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Pinnacles Climbing Weekend Information
PINNACLES CLIMBING WEEKEND
- Class Details
- Gear List
Pinnacles Climbing Weekend Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Lunch & Snacks
- Energy Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Belay Device
- Climbing Harness
- Dynamic Climbing Rope - At least a 60m rope.
- Climbing Helmet
- Climbing Shoes